Terms and Conditions
ACADEMY SOCCER COACH WEBSITE TERMS
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate these terms, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorised to access; (b) permitting or suffering any third party to access the website using your logon details; (c) putting personal subscriptions to Session Templates to any kind of commercial use without prior authorisation from us. Any perceived breach of either (a), (b) or (c) above shall entitle us to suspend or terminate your account at our sole option without entitling you to compensation, and without prejudice to our right to pursue any of our additional rights or remedies against you on both a civil and a criminal basis.
1. By accessing this Website, You have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions as set out below.
2. You agree that in the event of any dispute of any nature that may
arise between you and us, these terms and conditions shall be governed
by and construed exclusively in accordance with the law of England and
Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English
3. You understand and accept that to the fullest possible extent
permitted in law, we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage or
injury caused to you or your hardware or software whether we cause such
loss or injury directly or indirectly. The content of this Website is
provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or
implied. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the content
will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or
that this Website is free from viruses or other harmful components. We
do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the
results of the use of the content on this Website or our session
templates in terms of their fitness for any particular purpose,
correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise. This Website's content
and our session templates are provided solely for information purposes
and do not constitute any form of encouragement for you to engage in
4. Any reference made by this Website to any specific commercial
product, process, or service (or provider of such product, process or
service) by trade name, trademark, hyperlink, or otherwise, does not
constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation on our part.
Content on this Website may be provided by third parties and users. Any
opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information
expressed or made available by third parties, including information
providers, users or others, are those of the respective author(s) or
distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect our views.
COPYRIGHT AND PLAGIARISM
5. You acknowledge and will respect all such copyright and other intellectual property rights we own or may own in the look and feel of the Website and its contents including any Flash presentation, PDF, session template, sounds, music, text, graphics, data, stills, photographs and moving images. Such intellectual property rights shall include all registered and unregistered intellectual property rights of any type or nature including trademarks and community marks. You further agree that you will not infringe our copyright by any method or manner now known or as may exist in the future. The session templates, the sessions created on them, the coaching journals, our newsletter and its content, and all photographs, drawings, depictions, layouts, artistic works and derivative works disseminated by us in whatever medium ("The Copyright Works") are also protected by copyright pursuant to UK and European copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws and are owned or controlled by us. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any part of this Website and in any of The Copyright Works. Unauthorised copying or storing or resale of any part of this Website or our templates or any derivative work is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent or the permission or the copyright holder as identified on this Website. We grant you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and licence to use the content material provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any rights. You agree not to modify the content material in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the material, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorised access to the Website's services. You agree not to access the Website or its services by any means other than through the interface that we provide.
6. You must provide accurate and complete information upon registration. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is up to date, and we accept no liability in the case of out-of-date information. You must not divulge your password to anyone, and you accept full responsibility for all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or account. Each registration is for one user only and any use of your account by a third party is strictly prohibited and may result in termination of your subscription. If you have reason to believe that the security of your account has been affected, you agree to notify us of such immediately.
7. Certain features of this Website, such as our Academy Sessions and personal Session Template Membership are available only through the purchase of a
subscription ("Fee-Based Services"). If you use a Fee-Based Service you
agree to pay, using a valid credit card or debit card or charge card
which we accept, the annual subscription charges set forth on this
Website and any other charges incurred on your account in order to
access Fee-Based Services. We reserve the right to change the fees or
applicable charges and to institute new charges at any time, upon
thirty (30) days prior notice to you (which may be sent by email). We
will automatically charge your account for the renewal of your
subscription unless cancelled by you by e-mail at least four weeks
prior to the annual renewal date AND your cancellation is confirmed by
us by e-mail. The renewal charge will be the current published rates
for the term of your subscription. In the event that we cannot charge
your account, we reserve the right to terminate your access to the
Fee-Based Services. In the event you cancel the service, we will not
refund any fees already paid by you. If you breach any of the
Conditions of this agreement we reserve the right to cancel your
subscription and to terminate your access to the Fee-Based Services. If
you believe we have invoiced you incorrectly, you must contact us no
later than 30 days after the closing date on the first billing
statement in which the error or problem appeared, in order to receive
an adjustment or credit. E-mail enquiries and cancellation requests
should be directed to our Customer Services department at customer_services(at)academysoccercoach.com
8. In the event that you buy any goods or services using this Website
you will be bound by such terms as are notified by us to you on the
invoice that you will be sent once you have confirmed your order as
indicated on the Website or on the invoice itself.
9. In the absence of any invoice being sent by us to you, the terms
will be as specified within these terms and conditions or those
specified on the Website itself concerning the price of the goods, the
methods of acceptable payment and the timing of such payments, and the
requirement by you to pay such additional carriage and delivery charges
as may be specified on the Website.
10. We have no responsibility to supply to you any goods or services as
may be advertised for sale or supply on this Website. When you place
the order for goods or services, you are making a legal offer to us,
which we may or may not decide to accept. A legally binding contract
will exist between us when you receive written confirmation from us (by
e-mail or otherwise) that confirms your order.
11. In the event of any discrepancy between the terms and conditions
specified or highlighted on the Website, and these terms and
conditions, and or such terms and conditions as are specified in the
invoice, the prevailing terms will be those most favourable to us.
12. No terms agreed between us will be varied unless such a variation has been agreed by us in writing.
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS: GOODS
13. You may return such goods as are supplied by us to you provided:
you return the goods to us within 7 days of receipt by you; the goods
are returned in their original packaging; the goods are returned at
your expense to the return address specified on the invoice or as
specified on the Confirmation Order that accompanied the goods; the
goods are in no worse a condition than when they were supplied to you
by us; the goods are not of a type specified, or are supplied in
circumstances as being, "non-returnable". If these conditions are met
we will refund you for the amount you originally paid for the goods
within 7 days from the date we receive the goods back from you.
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS: SERVICES
14. Our Electronic Coaching Journals and chargeable Academy Sessions are
provided solely on the basis that you, as a consumer, have agreed in
advance that such services will start before the usual cancellation
period expires and that your cancellation rights will end when
performance of such services start, i.e. upon subscribing or upon
downloading session templates respectively. Electronic Coaching
Journals and Academy Session templates are therefore exempt from
cancellation. You confirm that such requirements as need to be met by
us under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
(S.I. No 2334) have in fact been met.
15. In the following circumstances goods shall be treated as being
"non-returnable": where the goods have been at your request
personalised; all audio or video recordings or computer software if the
seal has been broken or tampered with in any way; goods which by their
nature for hygienic reasons cannot be resold once returned;
newspapers, periodicals and magazines.
NON CANCELLATION OF SPECIFIED SERVICES
16. The order from you to us for the supply of services cannot be
cancelled in the following circumstances: where the request for the
service required us to incur costs at your request prior to the
cancellation period (in which case you will only be refunded for only
the difference between the costs we incurred and the payment made by
you to us for service); where the supply of the service was for a
particular service on a specific date or within a specified period; the
service is automatically exempt from cancellation under EU law.
OWNERSHIP OF THE GOODS AND RISKS
17. You will own the goods once they have been paid for and sent by us
to you, and you will therefore be responsible for all risks of whatever
nature that arise once the goods have been dispatched in good order by
us to you. You are advised to take out adequate insurance cover for
RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
18. This agreement is between you and us and not any third party, and
this agreement is not intended to confer any rights of any nature upon
any party other than you and us and our legal associates.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
19. We agree to be bound by any prevailing law, judgment, directive or
Statutory Instrument that imposes upon us restrictions concerning the
use in any manner of confidential information supplied by you to us
including credit card or bank details, any user name and or password
supplied by you to us, and other details relating to your personal and
20. As a result of accessing this Website a "cookie" has been stored on
your web browser that enables us to provide restricted information to
third parties. If you wish to remove the cookie or check that the
information stored is accurate please refer to the Internet options on
your Internet Explorer, Firefox or other such system that serves the
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US TO YOU
21. If you have any queries or concerns relating to this Website or our products or services or these terms and conditions please forward your query to the following email address: customer_services(at)academysoccercoach.com
Or by letter outlining your concerns and post to: Customer Services,Academy Soccer Coach Ltd, 29 Gildredge Road,Eastbourne,East Sussex,BN21 4RU.UK.
To contact us by telephone please call 0845 548 5504.
22. If you do not wish to receive unsolicited information about future
products or services from us, then please inform us in the manner
specified on this Website or email us as indicated above simply
COMMUNICATIONS FROM YOU TO US
23. If this Website facilitates you sending us information, images,
comment or data of any nature by email or otherwise which is then
displayed on any notice board, open discussion forum or similar
communally accessible and interactive site, you must ensure that such
material is not defamatory or offensive, untrue, racially offensive or
an incitement to racial hatred or otherwise in breach of an
individual's right to privacy or Human Rights or actionable in law in
24. In the event that you do post such material on this Website, such
consequences that may directly or indirectly follow will be entirely
your responsibility and not ours, and you agree to indemnity and hold
us harmless from any action or consequences that may arise in such
25. In the event that we receive any material from you that in our view
(whether reasonable or unreasonable) is potentially actionable or
otherwise objectionable, we reserve the right to withdraw the material
without notice or reason, and without giving rise to any claim by you
against us for so doing.
26. All information that you supply to us under any circumstances shall
be to the best of your knowledge and belief, true and accurate, and not
misleading in any manner.
27. Please take full responsibility for your own security and do not
under any circumstances disclose your bank details, credit card
details, your personal user name or password or other such information
to any other person unless you are confident that the information will
not be misused.
28. Please also ensure that you do not leave your personal computer unattended while it is in operation unless it is safe to do so, and be aware that public forums and chat rooms are often used by people as a means of exploiting others and obtaining personal information about you.